Almaty CHP plant 3

tec3The project of the first phase of Alma-Ata State District Power Plant (currently, CHP Plant 3) construction with a capacity of 100 thousand kW was approved by the Resolution of the Alma-Aty Council of National Economy on December 9, 1959. The construction was begun in 1957. In March 1962 the first power generating unit with a capacity of 50 thousand kW was commissioned and first kilowatt hours of electric power were generated.

teritoria tec3 The project for expansion of Alma-Ata State District Power Plant capacity up to 200 thousand kW was implemented in accordance with the approved project assignment No. 192 dated May 18, 1962 issued by the Alma-Aty Council of National Economy. The construction of the Power Plant was finished with the commissioning of boiler unit No. 6 in 1967. In 1965 the capacity of Alma-Ata State District Power Plant was increased to the designed one – 200 thousand kW. Turbine No. 3 was reconstructed in 1973 with arrangement of heat extraction, turbine No. 2 and turbine No. 1 were also reconstructed in 1976 and 1985 respectively for ensuring heat delivery to the greenhouse center and increasing heat consumption within the expansion of Otegen batyr village (former Energetichesky village).

gradirni tec3 The total capacity of the Plant amounted to 173 MW following the above reconstruction with arrangement of heat extraction. CHP Plant 3 began operating since February 15, 2007 as a part of “Almaty Power Stations”, JSC following the reorganization of “Almaty Power Consolidated”, JSC.

 

 

Location: Otegen batyr village, Ilisky district, Almaty region

Tel. / fax: (+7252) 2-11-40/2-47-92